The majority of the photographs in the collection have been donated to the Archives over the years. However some photos are copies of originals still retained by the owner, or have been purchased from other sources. The Archives does not hold the copyright to all of the photos in the collection and there may be restrictions on the use of these photos. The Archives reserves the right to limit or refuse requests depending on restrictions set by donors.
Use of personal cameras or cell phones to make copies of Archival photographic material is not permitted.
Acceptable Use of Images
- Images may be used for teaching, research/reference, private study or personal projects provided these purposes are not of a commercial nature. The images must not be altered or manipulated in any way and proper credit must accompany all of the images.
- Use of these images for publication, redistribution and/or broadcast of the images in any form including through electronic means, requires written permission from the Archives.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions.
Photographs published on our website
- Photographs used on the Waterdown-East Flamborough Heritage Society and Archives website are published for information purposes, as part of a research paper or to accompany a Flamborough Vignette webpage.
- All images used are published as a 150 dpi image and contain a ‘Flamborough Archives’ watermark. Except where specifically indicated, these images may be downloaded for personal use. They must not be manipulated or altered in any way